Thomas J. McAndrew
Thomas McAndrew began his career in employment and labor relations law by serving as a Trial Attorney for the Civil Aeronautics Board in Washington, D.C. from 1971-1972. In 1972 Attorney McAndrew served as the Legal Assistant to Member Fanning of the National Labor Relations Board in Washington, D.C . until 1973. From 1973 to 1974 he served as the Labor Relations Officer for the State of Rhode Island Department of Education. Thereafter, from 1974-1979 he served as the Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Education for the State of Rhode Island and subsequently, the Labor Relations Administrator for the State of Rhode Island from 1979-1980.
In 1980 Attorney McAndrew was co-founder of the firm Powers & McAndrew, Inc. and litigated cases from that firm until 1987.
In 1987 Attorney McAndrew founded Thomas J. McAndrew & Associates and has practiced law out of that firm since that time.
- Providence College, BA 1968
- George Washington University J.D. 1971
- Georgetown University LLM in Labor Law 1973
- Rhode Island (Member, Committee on Labor Law, 1974),
- Federal and American (Member, Section on Labor and Employment Law)
- American Arbitration Association (Member, Advisory Council)
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America